The Girl

Thought I'd give an update on Miss Priss who is growing and maturing way too fast.  Seemed like overnight she turned into one of those teenagers with her own sense of style.  Of course, as a mom, I always thought Ally was beautiful, but as she grows, she just becomes more stunning! She is fun and goofy and silly! She insists on speaking in a British accent which, frankly, has gotten her out of hot water more times than I care to remember.  I mean, you can't just stay mad at someone who calls you "mum" and her siblings "ole' chap".  Her friends (and she has a ton of them) seem to think she is the life of the party.  In fact, one of her friends wanted to cancel her birthday party when I said that Ally would not be able to go! Now, as a mom, I'm not so sure I want my daughter to be the life of the party! But I do know she takes after my husband in so many ways. He never met a person that wasn't his friend.


She has a new babysitting gig watching a baby and two four year old twin boys. She has her hands full with them too.  The first night she was alone with all of them, I stopped over (at the neighbors) to check on her.  She came to the door with a sleeping baby on her hip frustrated with me that I interrupted her putting the boys to bed.  I looked up the staircase to see two little guys with their pjs on all ready for their story.  She had the baby's bottle warming up and his diaper changed.  Guess she had it handled!


The other thing she has been working on it is giving her room a makeover.  We told her she had to sell her furniture and come up with the money for the makeover herself, and that's just what she did.  New bed, dresser, desk, storage, chandeliers and decor!

She has an interest in photography and took some pictures today for our Christmas cards. Of course, her brothers weren't exactly helpful. 

But she ended up with some great shots in the long run.  

This growing up seems to happen painfully slow at times and way too fast at other times.  To think that her learners permit can happen in 9 months! That's less than a year!!

Ahh, Allygirl, I'm not the biggest fan of your teen years......the mood swings, the teenage self. But I do enjoy watching you figure it all out, watching you let things roll off your back, and watching you turn into such a young lady even if you still refuse to wear a skirt! Love, Mum. 

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP