Check This Out

 Check this out:  Ever wonder why they filmed Twilight here in Oregon?  Check out our fog sans fog machine; a regular occurrence.  Throw in some huge pine trees and redwoods and you've got vampire love galore.   



Portland Children's Museum? A great place to play hooky......


and find your inner artist (that's a whole turkey you're lookin' at. But you knew that, right?). 


Check this out:  Ever wonder how big a giant squid's eyeball is?  These Steve Jenkin's books are pretty cool.  The Pioneer Woman Homeschool mentioned them and I knew they'd be a hit.  The one pictured is called Actual Size. Lots of interesting pictures to see. Grant has his hand pictured with the gorilla's hand! We also checked out his book Bones. I'd definitely recommend! 



Check this out: 
We've also stuck to our idea of limiting the amount we eat out.  It hasn't killed me yet, but only because I did another afternoon of cooking.  My calendar and my fridge is complete with meals.  Next month, however, I'm enlisting help from Ally and Eric.  It's honestly too much cutting, chopping, slicing, and dicing for me, and took my joints too long to recover. Eric has been making at least a meal or two over the weekend and thinks he's quite the chef.  Of course, if he's in the kitchen and I'm not, he's the best chef EVER!  Basically, I just started using some new recipes I've pinned off of pinterest with my old basics. If you'd like to see them and are on Pinterest, be my friend why don't ya! One big hit for lunches was the BBQ Cheddar pitas.  They are so easy to make and freeze a bunch at a time.  Ally likes taking them to school too.  



What else have we've been doing?  

Breaking Boards


Doctor's Appointments. (I'm trying to figure a way out of carpel tunnel surgery)


Learning to write our Chinese numbers


And watching our butterflies grow from this.......





to this! 

















Deb from WhatsInMyAttic  – (February 8, 2013 at 6:19 PM)  

Yes, you ARE awesome ! Love you!
xxxooo Mom

Deb from WhatsInMyAttic  – (February 8, 2013 at 6:19 PM)  

Yes, you ARE awesome ! Love you!
xxxooo Mom

Kristi  – (February 12, 2013 at 10:56 PM)  

Love your menu planning. I need to get on that ball myself ~ and I have bookmarked the pitas, yummy!
Now that's a science museum, I may be just a little jealous...

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP