New Year's Goals

I don't make resolutions, but we do try to better ourselves and family no matter what. So it was decided that we weren't  going out to eat out as frequently. Eating out as a family of five can be pricey. Since we don't really eat at fast food joints, and our kids don't really eat off of  kid menus, dinners out can really add up.  So, to help get a handle on the kitchen duties, Eric has offered to cook a meal for us on the weekends and I have loaded up shopping carts of food.  Yesterday, I powered through more meat than I'd ever care to eat to prep meals for the freezer so we can just pop them in the oven or crockpot.  

And you know what else that means?  All the big work is done for over 20 meals and I have three capable kids to help cook and clean dinner.  Looks like we are adding cooking lessons into our curriculum.  

On a side note, I'm hoping to add something else in as well.  A friend of mine may have found a us a Chinese tutor to come to the house.  It would be my kids and hers (maybe another family) having a Chinese class each week.  Her children spent time in Taiwan and learned Mandarin there. So I'm hoping that Jake will be motivated to re-learn since his friends are doing the same.  I certainly don't think Grant will be behind. We've discovered that he picks up languages pretty quickly! 

Here's to trying new things and re-learning old things!

Anonymous –   – (January 12, 2013 at 9:30 PM)  

The closest I came to this was cooking on the weekend for the week. This is going to be great when it's time to cook! Cooking offers a wonderful way to spend time together.

I'm so glad to hear Jake may take up Chinese again. I will be praying this works out.

Love Omi

Annie  – (January 15, 2013 at 10:03 AM)  

Oh Heather, I am so jealous:):):) Girl, can you come and cook 20 meals for me??? Gosh, I wish I was that organized! Way to go! We don't eat out either because of the cost but I do find myself relying on frozen pizza and chic nuggets, too often:( I need about 5 more hours each day:) I bet you must go to that freezer several times a day and just gaze at all those wonderful meals just waiting to be cooked:):):) LOL! I know I would!!!

Kristi  – (January 28, 2013 at 8:38 PM)  

So I want to hear about what meals you have prepped in your freezer.

And Chinese lessons ~ you inspire me to try to get my kids back in their native language... Hope that goes well for you!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP