My Little Scientists

Lap booking for science! Yes, January seemed like a good time to do something besides textbooks (at least for me!).  We don't do as much lap booking as most homeschoolers probably do, but really only because Grant enjoys reading textbooks.  I kid you not; I think he eats them! That's just the way he works.  But watching larva growing into butterflies is the perfect opportunity to get his nose out of the text book and learn to make some observations for himself.  Both little scientists surprised me with how descriptive they were in their journal.  I think Grant is really doing well to identify both qualitative and quantitative observations in his journaling notes.  

For those homeschooling moms out there (and school teachers as well), don't you love it when you get over the hump and notice that your kids actually do get it! YES! 



Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP