What Makes a Brother?

 My boys don't need genetics or paperwork to understand that they are brothers. They have a stronger bond than DNA; they love each other dearly. Yes, they get on each other's nerves once in a while. For the most part though, they are each other's best friend and playmate. They stick up for each other and help each other.  I really think that they understand how important they are to each other.  They are in every sense of the word BROTHERS

I thought this was a sweet picture. I told them to sit by the tree so I could take a picture, and when I turned around, this was what they were doing.  


There's no other love like the love for a brother. There's no other love like the love from a brother. ~Astrid Alauda

You know, I've never once asked Grant to put his arm around Jake for a picture. He automatically places that arm on his brother's shoulders. 


To the outside world we all grow old.  But not to brothers and sisters.  We know each other as we always were.  We know each other's hearts.  We share private family jokes.  We remember family feuds and secrets, family griefs and joys.  We live outside the touch of time.  ~Clara Ortega

I love how they "help" each other up. Just yank him by his neck next time!



 A brother shares childhood memories and grown-up dreams. ~Author Unknown


It was nice growing up with someone like you - someone to lean on, someone to count on... someone to tell on!        - Author unknown





My brother is my friend, he is my heart, he is my world. He has my heart. We run, we cry, we play, we laugh, but at the end of the day, he will always be my friend but mostly my big brother is here to stay. 
                                     -Allyjah Cutts





The highlight of my childhood
was making my brother laugh so hard
that food came out his nose.
-Garrison Keillor 



Sometimes being a brother is even better than being a superhero.
Marc Brown



And, no. I didn't notice that his glasses were dirty and crooked and that he had toothpaste on his shirt all day.  Heck, Jake has gone to church sans socks and I didn't notice! But this picture of Grant is just so..... well, Grant. This is his everyday smile and I love it.  He makes one very good big brother!


Johanna  – (November 6, 2012 at 12:22 AM)  

I love this Heather!!!! Brothers are so special, in all their quirky, humorous, crazy, funny ways!! I tell E and A all the time how grateful I am that God made them brothers....it doesn't happen with DNA, it happens deep down in the heart!!!
Great pics!!! Loved all the quotes, made me smile!!:)) you're so blessed!

Anonymous –   – (November 6, 2012 at 4:13 AM)  

Love it! Great Brothers posts, yes brothers are very special.
Uncle David

Annie  – (November 6, 2012 at 9:44 AM)  

Aw, Heather!!! LOVE this post! Your boys are just precious!!!!!

Anonymous –   – (November 6, 2012 at 7:37 PM)  

These two make my heart smile! How your Granny would have loved this post!

Xxxooo Mom

Anonymous –   – (November 6, 2012 at 8:04 PM)  

Makes me wish I'd had a brother or sister! Thanks for all the neat pictures and quotes!

Love Omi

The Kings  – (November 10, 2012 at 9:28 PM)  

I love this post! Such great quotes and such great looking boys!!

Kristi  – (November 13, 2012 at 10:44 PM)  

Tears...

Now let's just get Ally a sister so that you can do a similar sisters post. 'kay?

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP