Busy, Busy, Busy!

 I'm going to be very bad mommy and post pics of only one kiddo when all three played soccer. The reason being I only had two half decent pics and these were it! Our "Soccer Saturday" started off at 8:15 and ended at 2:30 and crosses three different cities. BUT we somehow managed to do it all together and all in one car. I love it when that happens and were together all day. Of course, soccer also means really tired kids on Saturday nights so that Eric and I get a "date night" (i.e. downstairs in the theater room watching a movie). Win-win all around.  



We had a very busy week that I'm sure will only get busier, but our first week back at school rocked! I'm not really the type of homeschooling mom that has all her ducks in a row before the school year. I buy their text books and I'm good on the academic end of things, but extracurricular seems to be last minute. I can't ever make my mind up what this seasons EC will be. So, I think I'm getting it all nailed down a bit. The boys are starting Tae Kwon Do and piano lessons which means we won't be able to do the Wednesday afternoon children's choir. They'll still be in the children's church choir and drama which practices every week with two plays a year anyway. Ally is starting her painting classes again and rock climbing on Mondays. Of course, soccer practices are going on as well. 


I never thought I'd have the problem in homeschooling with too many activities to choose from. We have a great Christian college near us that offers science classes in their labs taught by their masters students. Unfortunately it's not a time when we can go. But there is just so much out there: the science institute also offers science courses, the Chinese school offers homeschooling classes (albeit at the price of private school), then there's "outdoor school" for those looking to provide survival skills for your children; four to six hour art classes twice a week, homeschool choir and gymnastics classes......... the list goes on and on! I guess that's why it takes me awhile to decide what will work for us and our schedule without overloading. The kids want to try it all! 

Ally had such a great week and ended it with a party Friday afternoon at a friend's house. I'm hoping she still likes it next week!   

Anonymous –   – (September 9, 2012 at 5:10 PM)  

I'm tired just reading all this! My grandchildren are so blessed to have you as their mom.

Love you Omi

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP