I've got this Tile guy....

I know my blog has only heard the sound of chirping crickets lately. It's not that I don't have things to say! We've been busy, I've been tired, and the days have been to beautiful to be inside. Right before my shingles outbreak in June, I started having fussy, swollen joints that continued to get worse. My hands were going numb because of the swelling in my wrists and elbows and my feet seem to have grown several Rheumatoid nodules on them making them feel like I'm walking on rocks. Thankfully, my doctor thought that I could increase one of my meds.  So I had my third weekly dose and am definitely seeing improvement. Good thing too because we are meeting my parents in Southern Oregon for some fun that requires physical activity and I don't want to miss out.

We've been doing some small house updates too. Our front door got a nice, shiny coat of black paint, and Eric worked on a project that I've just been really wanting done. Our fireplace in our living room had a shiny, dated brass surround with green marble tiles around it.  So on Sunday afternoon, he knocked out the tiling job.


This is the before:


This is the handsome tile guy who said that since he "slaved all day", the fireplace better be "blog-worthy".  (And he says he doesn't read)


And here's the after:


I can't take a darn iphone pic to save my life! 


Then there's the gardening! A woman's work is never done! Okay, so I have to credit Eric as well. 
Our tomatoes have taken off, but still waiting on the big red guys! 

Celery, Cilantro, Green onions!


 Red, purple, and green peppers


 And more cucumbers than I can give away. We won't be planting that many next year!


We had more corn, but then Lola saw a squirrel and, well, then not so much corn.


Jake's and my favorite are the raspberries! YUM!!!!







 Not to shabby for first time gardeners!


Eric and I have enjoyed sneaking out in the evenings just the two of us to look at our garden. Corny, isn't it? But it's a few quiet moments and I really do appreciate them when they come.  Besides pumpkins, any other good planing ideas for fall?

The Kings  – (August 14, 2012 at 9:11 AM)  

Very nice! I am envious of your garden. We are first time gardeners this year too - and let's put it this way - it is definitely not blog worthy. :)

Annie  – (August 14, 2012 at 1:47 PM)  

OK, seriously, Heather!!! Where in the world do you get the time to tend to such a gorgeous garden!!!! WOW!!!! Those veggies are to die for!!!! WOW! LOVE the fireplace! Tell Eric (since he doesn't read the blog - hehe) that I said GOOD job!!!

sidknee  – (August 14, 2012 at 9:21 PM)  

Wow, one amazement after another. The GARDEN is beautiful, what a great job. Tell Mr. Wood that the tile job is perfect, and I mean he is another amazement for me. No, I think he can do any house project he sets his mind to.

Anonymous –   – (August 19, 2012 at 8:50 AM)  

Not too shabby is right, looks like great tile work.The garden looks yummy!

Love Omi

Kristi  – (August 21, 2012 at 4:31 PM)  

Very nice tile fireplace! If you guys wanna come east for a few days I know a kitchen that is gonna need some tile work...
And I'm so jealous of your yummy garden bounty! Daniel would be in heaven in your backyard!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP