The Emerald City: Seattle

 I love seeing new things and Seattle was on my Northwest bucket list. I HIGHLY recommend going if you ever have the opportunity. There is so much to do and it's such a beautiful city. (Disclaimer: it was the first week of July.) This was our first week of nice weather and I hardly knew what to do with those sun rays! But while the east is hitting over 100 degrees, we were resting at the high 70s. 

Pike's Place does not disappoint! We went down there all the time for flowers (ahem) food.


Practically every sign in Seattle is old or was recently made to look old. Note the Please No Photography sign in the window? I didn't. 


You know he's drooling for some. And yes, they do throw them around. We got there one morning for breakfast to watch them early when the crowds weren't swarming. I highly recommend the Russian bakery Piroshky! YUMMMMMM





The recently opened Great Wheel offered spectacular views. 




Still has her wrapped around his finger. 


I had no idea the streets were so steep here! 




At the top of the Great Wheel:




Now, more like "stuck" at the top of the Great Wheel with two firecrackers!



We had some wonderful views of the piers and Puget Sound


Ally cartwheeled her way up the hills.







Ewwwww! the "Gum Wall" was disgusting!


But plenty of pretty streets made up for it. 




 We finished off our evening with a carriage ride pulled by Sweet Pete! 


Kristi  – (July 9, 2012 at 5:01 PM)  

Oh Seattle. Thanks for the trip down memory lane. I was out there about 25 years ago with my family and have wonderful memories of Pike Place Market too!
And I know you don't need me to tell you, but that daughter of yours sure is growing into a beautiful young woman. :)

Anonymous –   – (July 9, 2012 at 7:46 PM)  

Wow to everything.

Annie  – (July 9, 2012 at 9:34 PM)  

Beautiful beautiful pics Heather!!!!

The Kings  – (July 10, 2012 at 7:28 AM)  

Beautiful!

But the gum wall is probably about the nastiest thing I have ever seen. How does something like that even get it's start?

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP