38

Thirty eight. That's "my number" as the boys call it. Of course, Eric kindly reminded me each day for a couple of days prior to my birthday. How nice of him! My kids were definitely way more excited about my big day than I was and they were super sweet too. 

My morning toast and coffee in bed....


flowers from mom and dad....


Ally insisted on doing my nails (I don't ever paint my fingernails so that I don't draw more attention than necessary to my hands, but I don't think they look too bad painted!) 


She also painted my toes orange complete with an Orioles O to get ready for next weeks baseball games. You all can thank me for  showing my good foot! 


And this. This was my date for dinner right after he gave me some sparkly earrings. He looks excited, doesn't he? This is a picture of man who is so excited to take a girl on a date! 


No worries though, I woke him up so we could head up to the restaurant and enjoy the views of Portland, Mt. Hood, and Mt. St. Helens. We also enjoyed this pretty appetizer of crab, avocado and mango salsa! YUM! 



This particular restaurants signature is the warm chocolate lava cake with oozing Godiva chocolate and a toffee crunch.   Eric said to order is ahead of time as it takes about 30 minutes to arrive at the table. Well.Worth.The.Wait! 


And my date stayed awake the whole evening! 

Kelly the Overthinker  – (June 29, 2012 at 9:32 PM)  

I laughed aloud at the picture of Eric. :) Happy birthday! Your date out looks like a lot of fun (and yum too). 38 doesn't sound scary at all - congrats on all your years!

The Kings  – (June 29, 2012 at 10:53 PM)  

Happy Birthday!!!

He looks a lot more lively once you guys got out on your date! lol

38 is still young! And you look great!

Kristi  – (June 29, 2012 at 11:23 PM)  

Guess the power nap gave him what he needed to stay awake on the date. :)
Your meal looked YUMMO!!!
Happy birthday my friend ~ glad you were well celebrated by your family.

Annie  – (June 30, 2012 at 10:33 PM)  

Aw, Happy Birthday dear Heather!!!!! Your date looks a lot like mine, most days! LOL!! Looks like you all had a great time!!!!

Anonymous –   – (July 1, 2012 at 7:09 AM)  

Loved these beautiful pictures, what a beautiful O on that toe!

I'm next, Love Omi

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP