Completed with Success!

Whew! Lots of chirping cricket sounds around here! My blog has been quiet because we've been busy working diligently to finish up school and begin "summer maintenance"! I feel like The Little Engine that Could with these final weeks.  When we started our year, I'll admit, I was feeling overwhelmed at the task of homeschooling my three children properly.  I'm a by-the-book kind of girl who likes everything completed.  This school year turned out to be a great year for me as well as I watched my kids absorb everything.  We had time to extend the study of something if they were really interested. Plus, I had time to just be with them. Considering the move we had across the country, it was also a great way to adjust to our West Coast life too.  

Ally took her last final today and the boys are finished!!!    We've completed 175 school days. Our state doesn't require a count, but I like to keep track of everything. 

Now my work begins of finishing their report cards and then the task of completing their portfolios proving all of our hard work and learning completed this year. 



Allyson is trying a new venture for school next year. She will be attending a school that teaches in-classroom three times a week and then she will work from home the other two days.  She is excited and has met some of the girls in her class. Going to school has it's pros and cons.  I'm still not sure how I feel about her going honestly.  I do know that I'm going to really miss her those days she is gone and I know her other homeschooling friends will too. I'm also going to miss the freedom that full time homeschooling allows. The boys will still be taught at home at least another year and then we will reevaluate as we always do.  They've learned so much this year! And now, I'm more than ready for a break!!   

Anonymous –   – (May 23, 2012 at 7:22 PM)  

Well done! I'm so proud of you, Ally, Grant, and Jake...and Eric, too! You made tough choices, but didn't take an easy road. It's been a big year for you all, and you've done great.

xxxooo
Mom

Kelly the Overthinker  – (May 23, 2012 at 7:36 PM)  

You are such a good mom - I couldn't do it. I read your words of the "freedom" of it and think that I'd feel totally stuck instead!

The Kings  – (May 26, 2012 at 8:50 AM)  

I am glad you had such a great year! Enjoy your summer break!

Anonymous –   – (May 27, 2012 at 9:56 AM)  

I now the road was the one less traveled but I know you were all so blessed to be able to do this. You are such a wonderful.

Love Omi

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP