Is This Day Over Yet? Please!!!!

 Opening day started bright and early with opening ceremonies. And now, it's done. Thank goodness. Today was not my finest moment. We started with Grant's game which they lost. But hey, he looks darn good in that uniform, doesn't he? He always plays with a lot of heart. 







And then, there's Jake's game. A lot of this goes on:

Along with several good hits (please notice cheerleader in the background)


A couple of cute smiles along the way.


And some cheers! He also stopped on third to do his "give me 5, up high, down low, you're too slow" joke. 


Then he was back to this:



Ally's game is where things turned sour. She did awesome and played so hard! 






But long story short, there was a goalie injured on the other team when Ally was playing defense. The other teams coach went on an absolute tirade and pulled his girls off the field after screaming profanities at our coach who, by the way, calmly took the heat. It should have ended at, "We won. They forfeited". But, as I was trying to walk out, Mr. Horrible Coach was continuing his tirade in the office and then proceeded to walk out and while yelling pointed to me saying it was my kid who made the offense. Looking back, I see he was really probably just so angry that he pointed at anyone. But Mama Bear was tired by then and didn't use self control. I went after him and spewed out my thoughts sticking up for my kiddo instead of showing restraint and walking away. Can't believe I did that and stooped to his level. How utterly embarrassing.  (If he is ever allowed back to coach, I think he will think twice before messing with me again and will point the finger the other way).  I think I'll take a warm bath and go to bed early. Ugh!

Kelly the Overthinker  – (April 22, 2012 at 6:28 PM)  

Oh my. I was going to comment on the awesome pics of Jake...then finished up with this story and what do I say? Hope you got the rest you needed and started today renewed! Give an update if you see that nasty dude again - ick.

Omi –   – (April 23, 2012 at 6:32 PM)  

Grant you got good form and the boys are just cute no matter what the score.

Someone needs to open the adults eyes once in a while I know you gave it to him like a lady!!

Love you Mama Bear

Kristi  – (April 24, 2012 at 8:45 PM)  

I totally would have been in full Mama bear mode if one of my kids were falsely accused of hurting another player ~ especially if we were being yelled at.
Sorry that you lost your cool, but I'll bet he thinks twice before pointing out another player like that again.
Great pics of your superstars!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP