Happy Birthday Sweet Boy!

To Grant, my first son, 
I love your heart. No other child could have made a better first son to me. You bonded so well and were such an amazing toddler. I loved discovering and watching your personality unfold those first several months you came home from Kazakhstan. Oh, what a beautiful baby! 




You've grown into a boy now nine years old and have such heart. You may be the smaller boy on the ball teams, but you are never the weakest. Rather, you are the one that plays the hardest. In fact, you're pretty darn talented athletically. I enjoy watching you play. You're a solid guy, a true Kazakh. I love that about you. Tough is a good word to describe you. We know you must be really hurting if you cry because it doesn't happen often. 






And oh, you are smart! I've had the pleasure of spending more time with you and watching you learn during your third grade year. When you finish one science, history, or math book, you ask for the next. 

More importantly, your heart is good. It's kind, sweet, and generous. I've always said that you have the patience of a saint. After all, dealing with a little brother that's super busy and has a big personality can be a challenge. God certainly knew you'd be the perfect big brother to Jake. You've made him breakfast, helped him find his cleats and hat for ball practice, help him with a puzzle when he cries in frustration, and so many other "small" acts of kindness. 



Before you came into our family, I prayed and asked for a little boy. Not an infant or baby, not a pregnancy, but a little boy.  God has been so generous to bless me with you. I wanted you so badly. Before we traveled to Kazakhstan to find our son, I prayed and prayed for a brown-eyed, brown-skinned boy. And once again, God gave me you. It brings tears to my eyes to think God would grant me such a gift. You are so very, very precious. I love you so very, very much. 


Happy Birthday, Sweet Boy. 
We love you, Grant Avery!
Love, Mom




Anonymous –   – (April 19, 2012 at 5:35 AM)  

Happy Happy Birthday to a very special nephew. We are so glad you picked our family to belong to. We love you very much and also miss you even more.
Uncle David and Aunt Deb

Anonymous –   – (April 19, 2012 at 1:25 PM)  

Love and happy birthday to my Grantman.
XxxoooGrammy

Omi –   – (April 19, 2012 at 7:48 PM)  

Wish you were here, Happy Birthday Grant we love you.

Love Omi and Grandpa

Anonymous –   – (April 20, 2012 at 12:54 PM)  

Happy Birthday Grantman! I love you tons and miss you. Love Poppy

Kristi  – (April 20, 2012 at 5:30 PM)  

Happy, happy birthday Grant!
And wonderful tribute to your son Heather!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP