Has It Been Two Years?


Has it been two years since we met that Monday morning in Yinchuan, China? 
Two years since I became a mom all over again and your world turned upside down?


Two years since you became a brother. (Looking at this picture just reminds me how you've shot up and now are almost the same size as your big brother!)


Two years since the Ayi's told you everything would be okay and to listen to your new parents.


I couldn't believe that I, of all people, was a mom to three of the most amazing kids in the entire world, literally! 


I miss your entertaining in Chinese. I miss the person you were, but love the person you have become. 







You showed your true personality despite your fear, grief, and insecurities during those first few weeks. 


You found security and comfort in one amazing dad. 


It was so difficult to experience your grief and anger. I can't begin to truly imagine what you went through. 


Two years later, you've had some big moves in your life already, but you've handled them like the champ that you are.  




You've found a partner-in-crime a best friend in your big brother. 


Not only is your English amazing, but you can read with the best of them, count by 2's, 10's', and 5's, know more geography than most 6th graders, and learn new things quickly. 


One thing hasn't changed over the two years since you've been home. You still have Jie Jie (Ally) wrapped around your finger. You love to laugh, talk constantly, and just be one loud little boy! I'm hoping you change your mind eventually about becoming a Beyblader, or a "bad guy", or Darth when you grow up but I'll love you just the same. 

Happy Gotcha Day, San San! 


The Kings  – (March 29, 2012 at 1:46 PM)  

You wrote this so beautifully! Brought tears to my eyes. He sure is one cute little guy! I love his smile in the last picture!

Shonni  – (March 29, 2012 at 2:27 PM)  

He is one adorable little buddy!!!

Anonymous –   – (March 29, 2012 at 8:15 PM)  

So sweet...I can't believe it's been two years. He is one smart little cookie and so full of personality. I can't imagine our lives without him!
Love Mom

Kristi  – (March 29, 2012 at 11:11 PM)  

Aww, so sweet. And I can't believe it has been two years either. I still remember checking in on you while you were gone...
Jake, it's been fun to watch you bloom ~ even though I've never met you. I do think that you and my boys would be fast friends!
Happy two years to your family!

Omi –   – (April 5, 2012 at 7:11 PM)  

The tuna video is still my favorite one, it make me LOL. I just love trading tuna for kisses!!! What a great idea!

Love, Omi

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP