Six Months Since.....

Finally starting to get into the swing of things. It has only taken six months. Truth be told, we still have some things like a home church that aren't quite into the swing yet, but we have certainly made progress. Since we are homeschooling and living in a completely new place, giving the kids opportunities to make friends has been important. I couldn't find a homeschool group like we previously had without making a huge time and distance commitment that I couldnt commit to. Fall soccer provided friendships for the kids, but after the season, things really quieted down. 



We are very thankful for two homeschoooling families that live in our neighborhood. The kids enjoy playing together. But lately, we've been on more of a rolling schedule:

Monday: Rock climbing
Tuesday: gymnastics homeschool class
Wednesday: Lego pneumatics (Grant)
Sunday: painting class (Ally)

(Grant in red on wall)


(Ally in blue on wall)



Little League will be starting soon enough for the boys too. I think "home" will always be Delaware to us since that's where family and friends are, but Oregon is becoming more comfortable. I know it will take time. Our church issue isn't for a lack of churches. On the contrary! There are a ton of them out here which may be part of the problem..... too many to visit!  I'd be pretty happy though if we could just find a church that fit us a little better! 

Our Fridays are mostly spent on a field trip, catching up on anything we didn't finish, and fun things like playing games and drawing/art. I'm certainly breathing a little more deeply as the textbooks are inching their way to complete which leaves more time for delving into subjects the kids would like to learn more about. I promised Grant (per his request) that if he finished 3rd grade math, I'd buy him the 4th grade text. He has worked very diligently and has a few lessons left.

Although not finished with our school year, I can say that I've learned character lessons myself this year along with learning even more about my kids. Not a bad deal at all.

Anonymous –   – (February 1, 2012 at 8:41 PM)  

We're so proud of you all! You took on such a huge challenge and have done a terrific job. You and Eric are great parents to the three sweetest kids on the earth!

xxxoooMom

The Kings  – (February 2, 2012 at 9:27 AM)  

I remember my first year after my move here and how challenging it was. Homeschooling and being a stay at home mom sure adds to the difficulty of connecting with others and building friendships.

I will be praying that you can get connected into the right church for your family and that not only the kids, but that you also will be able to build some valuable friendships that will help make Oregon feel more like home.

That first year can be a tough one. :)

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP