Bits and Pieces

I know, just about a week has gone by without so much as a hello. Blogging didn't really fit into life this week. We've been enjoying being busy and playing outside too. But, man, I'm exhausted! Hopefully this weekend brings some relaxation since we are expecting some rainy weather. 

Little League tryouts for Grant are this Saturday for two hours. Really? What do 8 year old boys need to be doing for two hours? (Just go ahead and interprete this sentence to mean: Gosh! I hope Eric takes Grant to sit in the rain and watch ball tryouts for two hours!)

I don't think I told you all just how "nice" H & R Block really is, did I? After confirming and reconfirming our bank account number repeatedly (say three times!), our tax professional kindly entered someone else's checking account number for the IRS to deposit our tax refund. So generous of them, isn't it? Needless to say, momma ain't happy and gave them a piece of my mind - I don't have much to spare these days-.  Eric said that after I got done with them, the manager was sooo very happy to talk to him instead! Guess our refund will take a while just like last year with the adoption credit issue. 

That's okay because in 14 days, I'm heading home to see my family.  A while back I had a couple of rough weeks of homesickness. I may have moped....maybe cried.......maybe pouted just a little. We all have our faults, right? Trying to make a happy wife, Eric bought us tickets to see our family! Homesickness vanished and we're looking ahead. 

Totally unrelated, I've followed a blog for a while that I found interesting; not educational or really uplifting, just intriguing.  Evidently the blog author is getting paid quite a bit of money for the ads on her website, and I've noticed over the years that she has frequently had more and more riveting experiences in her life. Then, while perusing the internet, I discovered a whole other site that was dedicated to many naysayers of her calling her out on all the lies she supposedly has told with specific details. I've always known I am a bit on the naive side of life, but I'm finding that both sides of the story put an incredible amount of time and emotion into "exposing the truth".  Someone has to have a nose longer than Pinocchio somewhere! Realizing that bloggers have scandalized people in the past by weighing on people's emotions and eventually money, I just find weighing both sides compelling, but I still don't understand why people work so hard to hate each other either. 

Annie  – (February 24, 2012 at 11:21 PM)  

Oh my Heather. It has never even occurred to me that someone would just make stuff up! Talk about naive! WOW! Really? Isn't that what fiction books are for??? She should have written a book!

Omi –   – (February 25, 2012 at 8:48 AM)  

Don't take this the wrong way but I'm so glad you may have moped, cried and pouted just a little! I can't wait to see the results of these necessary actions.

XOXOXO

Love Omi

Kristi  – (February 26, 2012 at 9:08 PM)  

Oh I remember those feelings shortly after we moved here. About three months in I had a pity party for myself one morning. I moped and cried...
Nothing like an upcoming visit with family to raise spirits!

And you simply must tell me what blog, I have to wonder if it is one that I've followed too...

Anonymous –   – (February 28, 2012 at 8:50 AM)  

Goody, you're coming back even just for a visit. Please stop in and see us. We all miss you sooooo much.
Jessi K.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP