Wasatch International Adoptions and Carson

I don't think I've ever really posted about Wasatch International. This is the adoption agency we used for our second adoption. If my seal of approval means anything, then you've got it. Our adoptions were like night and day. Wasatch handled everything in a timely manner and knew when paperwork should be completed by government agencies. If it wasn't completed on time, they had usually already called the government agency before I even called Wasatch! They knew the dossier process incredibly well so that we were "smooth sailing" by the time we sent it. I really couldn't say enough about them. 

So why rave about them almost two years after the fact? Well, a couple of reasons. Shhh..... don't tell Eric, but I still head on over to their website and look at the WAITING CHILDREN posted there. There are at least two I recognize from when we were looking for our second son that are still on the list. 

Another reason is Carson. Carson is aging out this coming December. He is described as smart, clever, helpful and obedient. His thirteenth birthday is nearing and if a family is going to adopt him, they need to get going on all that paperwork! There is an $11,000 waiver to help a family complete his adoption. If you know of anyone or would like more information, contact Kathy@wiaa.org. You can also click his name above or click on the picture to read more information about him. 


Another reason is that I frequently get emails from prospective adoptive parents who would like to hear of my experience with Wasatch. They are a smaller agency who truly sees the need of creating forever families and helping children find their way into loving homes. You can still label them a business, but we never felt that way with them. Our adoption didn't seem like a business transaction while using them at all. They were intent on helping us create the family God had intended for us. 

And the last reason is that Wasatch has a blog with pictures and information of waiting children. You can find it at Wasatch Waiting Children. I'm reminded of my first conversation with Kathy, their intake referral person, when I called to tell her that we were interested in finding a little boy around the ages of 5-8 years old. Her response was, "Heather, my desk is covered with them. How many would you like to see?".  Sadly, I know this to be true. So many children waiting...... 

Annie  – (January 28, 2012 at 8:12 AM)  

Thank you Heather! He sounds like such a sweet child and wow the grants and waivers are amazing!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP