Shanghai Diary

Shanghai Diary by Ursula Bacon is a must read! I borrowed this book from our local library after I sneaked off (and by the way, yes, it's sneaked not snuck because you "sneak with sneakers"- thank you, Mom) one Sunday afternoon all by myself.  The author was a Jew in war torn Germany prior to the outbreak of World War II. Her family escaped to Shanghai to live in the Japanese occupied territory. This was the only place that would accept them as England, United States, Canada, and many other countries had closed their doors to Jewish refugees at the time. In the book,  she tells of some amazing stories of her Chinese life as Jewish girl in the ghetto.  It truly reads like a novel, but is the true and detailed account of the author. I don't know why I hadn't heard of it before, but I'm so glad I didn't miss out on this book. Go directly to your library, your iTunes, your local bookstore, or Amazon!!!! Read it and then be very thankful for the freedom and lifestyle you have!



Shonni  – (November 2, 2011 at 9:48 AM)  

I love these kind of books. I haven’t heard of this one. Thanks for sharing it. I need one to read on the airplane next month.

Annie  – (November 2, 2011 at 11:20 PM)  

I thank Him everyday but I don't think I have a clue and books like this help me to understand and appreciate! Thanks Heather!

donna  – (November 9, 2011 at 8:49 AM)  

I am currently reading the Zion Chronicles bye Brock and Bodie Theone. They are wonderful historically acurate novels about the holocaust and the establishment of Israel as a nation. Great reads.
loveya
Donna

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP