Up One Way and Down Another! (pic heavy)

 Eric was off today and he planned a drive for us with a few adventures throughout the day. So we headed North. Of course, in Oregon, EVERYTHING has moss covering it.....not just the north side!  



The kids love doing these hikes. This particular one was only 1/2 mile between waterfalls, but you could go on much longer. But it was perfect for what we wanted to enjoy today. 


They were sure this little cave was where a bear was hibernating. But then, if you ask zoologist Grant, they don't technically hibernate. They have a winter lethargy or "sleepiness".  Who's teaching this kid anyway? He explains more to me...well, let's just leave it at that.



Help! I can't stop hitting the "x-large" button on my blog. Guess I'll fork out the $5 bucks for more storage. (smile)

Multnomah Falls, Oregon



I know Grant's eyes are closed. But I love this picture.



For me, this picture is the Great Northwest. Just something about it.



Eric took this looking down from the overlook bridge. Yikes!


Three kids in a tree? How can that be?  (Thank you Dr. Seuss, thank you)




Okay, I'm gonna be real honest here. I found these spawning salmon fascinating. I'm weird, maybe. Okay. Probably. But I've never seen anything like this. It was really hard to get a good shot of them because of the glare on the water. These things were huge!


These were the third falls we hit today all before 11 AM. 




Then we headed over the Bridge of the Gods. I don't know why they call it that. The view was pretty but..... not really while driving! 


We headed in Washington to come back down the other side of the Columbia River



Home again, home again, jiggety jig!


Okay, one more set of monkeys:


Anonymous –   – (October 21, 2011 at 8:13 PM)  

What a great day! Love the monkey pics, of course!

Anonymous –   – (October 22, 2011 at 7:23 AM)  

Very Very Cool, I love the pics. What a great field trip for the kiddos
Love, Uncle David

Deb from WhatsInMyAttic  – (October 22, 2011 at 7:51 AM)  
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous –   – (October 22, 2011 at 7:52 AM)  

The first comment was from me...
xxxxoooo Mom

Annie  – (October 23, 2011 at 10:09 PM)  

WOW!! Heather, it is so beautiful there!!! Love all the pics!!

Anonymous –   – (October 25, 2011 at 2:57 PM)  

Great pics, great kids. Xxxxxoo Dad

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP