Down for the Count

I wore blue; Did you? My blue was in the form of a superman banket, but mostly I was green. My face, that is. I ended up with some weird flu bug that causes so much pain in your bones and muscles that you feel you at the end of life. Extreme, yes. But oh how badly this hurt! I was crying and moaning all night Tuesday night. I didn't  get out of bed Wednesday.  Thursday, I started out in the chair in my room to help the kids with school, but by 10 AM, I knew I had to get back in bed. My head was spinning and I wasn't seeing to clearly. I slept another five hours and am feeling better. This is the second time I've had this exact thing. If it happens a third time, I'm not playing tough girl and waiting it out, I'm going to the walk in or ER. It officially has me beat!

Allyson ran the house with an iron hand. She was my substitute teacher for Grant and Jake making sure Jake worked on his number recognition, his geography, Bible, math. She help Grant with math, gave him his math test and graded it. She also did her work as well. She cooked green eggs and ham for lunch, noodles for dinner, and then I think ham and corn for dinner for Eric. She made sure the boys played outside and did all kinds of activities with them. Today, she put a pot roast in the crock pop for me and fed the boys their breakfast. 

A lot of times I think Allyson is immature compared to the girls she is around. She doesn't know about things she shouldn't, she can't tell you what the latest song is, or the latest fashion trends. But that isn't maturity, is it? Somewhere along the lines, we've forgotten what true maturity is. Allyson has shown what it is by her example of stepping into a position that was needed, by serving others, by taking the lead and doing it well. She is a sweet heart and came in several times to check on me and see what I needed. What a girl! 

Now if I could only keep my head from doing those impromptu swirly-wigs making me dizzy! 

sidknee  – (October 13, 2011 at 7:54 PM)  

Oh Heather hope you feel better real fast. Our Ally is sure one big help and such a smart young lady.

Anonymous –   – (October 13, 2011 at 10:09 PM)  

I'm so proud of Ally. Independent, tender hearted, and strong...what a sweetie!
XxxxxxMom

Omi –   – (October 14, 2011 at 2:34 PM)  

Ally, I am proud of you too, you have become such a young lady. You are always a sweetie, or I don't remember when you weren't. I'm so glad you're better.

Love Omi

Anonymous –   – (October 14, 2011 at 3:28 PM)  

Ally makes me proud everyday. What a girl...Young lady. I hope you feel better soon. (and you're right about the ER). Xxxxxxooo dad

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP