A New Man in my Life

Yesterday, I headed into Portland (only a couple of miles) to meet my new Rheumatologist. If you've read my blog, you know my woes on good Rheumies. My last one I've had for 10 years and have a great relationship with. He knows me. He knows when I tell him something is hurting that it is REALLY hurting and thus, affecting my daily life. He takes me seriously. 
So finding a new guy is tough. His office magazines was the first test which he passed. He had a little of everything....People, Good Housekeeping, In Touch..... you know, hard literature. I did see one History magazine, but, I'll admit,  it was pretty interesting. 
I had my three dears with me with books in tow to keep them occupied. The woman at the check in desk suggested I take them to the children's waiting room. I thought she wanted us to wait there as I was early. Then, I discovered it was actually a free sitting service so moms could actually make their appointments and was paid for by the doctors! So cool! They had a suggested donation of $5 per family. I used their service for almost 4 hours since first appointments always take long. The girls in there were great and my kids loved it! In my twenty years of Rheumatology visits, I've never come across this. Definitely a great idea!
Oh, and my Rhuemy? Well, he's old, established, probably going to retire as soon as I really get to know him....but he's good, he's thorough, and he seems to be taking my past, difficult lung infection seriously. At this point, that's enough for me. 

Now, why do I feel like I'm cheating on my last one? Breaking off relationships is so hard to do! LOL

Joy  – (September 30, 2011 at 1:15 PM)  

WOW about the child care. That's great!

Omi –   – (October 1, 2011 at 8:26 AM)  

I'm really glad about your new doctor.

The Kings  – (October 1, 2011 at 10:56 AM)  

Lol...I always feel the same way about my hairdresser....like I have somehow betrayed her should I go somewhere else.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP