Gonna Be Sore Tomorrow!

 After Grant's soccer game today, we found a new Thai restaurant and then headed down the road for a hike.  The park ranger volunteer showed us a route that would have been a 10 mile hike. Nope. Nada. Not happenin'. At least not today, or maybe ever. My titanium knees are great, but my bones in my feet are not. So we drove down the way and hopped on the trail farther down along the Williamette River. 



Grant was pretty tired from his game and kept falling behind.....till we told him we were walking to get ice cream!  By the way, that kid played Awe-to-the-some today! He plays so hard and is getting better and better at combining his thinking skills with his athletic skills. 



We finally arrived at our destination. The Historic Butteville General Store. Historic because it's the oldest one in Oregon (1869). It was darn cute inside. It's pronounced "Beaut-ville" but my kids thought "Butt-ville" was just really funny. As was the no parking on shoulder road which really said no "P" on shoulder. Get it? Oh, had to be there. Kid humor! 



I think the ice cream cone should have been bigger. I walked FAR! 



Cute, right?


And on our hike back...... (Can you see the hearts in the picture?)


Eric is trying to convince me to camp in a yurt. Ya know, for our Kazakh son. Nice try. Check the vows, buddy. Check the vows.....

Marge Gordon  – (September 25, 2011 at 8:49 AM)  

I hear those boys laughing all the way over here, mine would have done the same.... Butville for sure!

sidknee  – (September 25, 2011 at 9:30 AM)  

Beautiful pics as always Heather. Now, I thought Buttville is funny stuff too !

donna  – (September 26, 2011 at 10:33 PM)  

Aw go on, sleep in a yurt, how bad could it be?
I had a friend from TX that moved to Buttville. Hmmm, glad to have a photo of the place.
loveya

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP