Things I've Learned About Oregonians

1. They're friendly (like "Southern" friendly without the accent) and very easy to talk to.
2. They always carry coffee
3. They all own a bike..... and use it
4. They are all dog lovers and take them everywhere (even in the Home Depot)
5. The organic sections in the grocery store are ridiculously large which makes finding the "unhealthy" regular milk and yogurt section difficult.
6. Coffee shop placements don't have a "footprint" and don't follow the same greenspace rules when constructing. (This conclusion comes due to the fact that there are multiple coffee shops on every corner)
7. It's Ore-GUN not Ore-GONE and it's "Will-LAMB-it" not "Willamette", it's "pop" not soda or coke.
8. They have electric plugs at some grocery stores for the electric cars.
9. It takes a 45 minutes of your time when signing up for trash pick up because there's a whole lotta 'splainin' going on about how to dissect your trash into it's correct container. (I have four containers and my actual trash container is the second smallest)
10. They drive at least 3 miles under the posted speed limit.
11. There's a reason they are considered "outdoorsy"...... it's beautiful in the summer and that summer is very short!

(I'm sure I'll think of more as soon as I hit "publish". I'm on a roll now!)

clairz  – (August 17, 2011 at 8:21 AM)  

Hi, Heather. I'm here from your mom's blog profile page. I love reading about life in such a healthy and green place. We are in New Mexico now but are from New England. NM is just now figuring out about recycling--a little bit late to the party!

It's nice to see a little more of your family. I know your mom sure does miss you all and is reading along, too.

Anonymous –   – (August 21, 2011 at 11:37 AM)  

I'm loving my visit! It is beautiful here!

Love Omi

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP