Finding My Big Girl Britches!

We're here in Oregon, but not completely in our house yet. The car and the furniture truck won't be here for awhile so we are staying in corporate housing. The only problem is that we were thinking we would have the moving truck here by Tuesday or Wednesday and we only have this apartment until Wednesday morning. The movers are a bit backed up right now so we'll see. 

We worked around the new  house yesterday after making the typical two trips to Home Depot -- mostly just tried figuring out the security system, intercom system, weeded, pruned the roses, and polished some cabinets. Eric worked on the b-ball court fixing some cracks and re-painting the lines. Some things are more pressing then others, right?  

Lola was so excited when she saw the kids. She couldn't stop barking. Well, it was more like a cry-bark. Definitely barks of happiness! She doesn't let us out of her sight, and has been very well-behaved. She must be afraid I'll stick her in the crate again if she eats the cereal, opens cabinets, and all of her other bad-girl habits. 

This hasn't been easy. I've flown on three flights now to/from Portland.  I've cried on all three. Good grief, it's time to put my big girl britches on. Leaving home to go to a brand new unfamiliar place that doesn't feel like home is emotionally difficult. You'd think we were in the South, though, as everyone is so friendly here despite my miserable face. 

We start soccer practice with Jake's team this evening, and Grant and Ally's teams practice tomorrow. Maybe falling into our routine will make us all feel more comfortable. For now, I'm working on my view of things and remembering what a great move this will end up being for my family. It's all about perspective and mine needs to be adjusted here and there!  

Annie  – (August 2, 2011 at 2:15 PM)  

AW, Heather!! Moving across town is hard enough! Moving across country would (I think) be extremely difficult!!! I think you have been very brave and behaved very much like a big girl, through out it all!! It will take time, but it will begin to feel like home soon!!

donna  – (August 3, 2011 at 5:57 PM)  

Ha, I know the real truth about those big girl panties.
love ya

Julie  – (August 5, 2011 at 7:01 PM)  

I cannot begin to imagine how difficult it would be. Hang in there. Everything will start working itself out soon!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP