Digging through Disaster

No, we haven't fallen off the face of the earth. After what seemed like an eternity, the moving truck came Wednesday as did my mother-in-law. The movers "unpacked" for us meaning they take everything out of boxes and either set it on the floor or on a counter. 

(Bad side: My empty house turned into a catastrophic disaster)
(Good side: There can be no procrastinating in unpacking when you can't even see you bathroom floor)

So with three adults and three kids, we started getting things put away. We still have unpacked boxes in the garage because we told them to stop the madness-- I mean the unpacking. On Thursday, another company came to uncrate the glass and marble table tops and tv's. They will be coming back Monday (I hope) to disassemble the fort to the swingset and reassemble it in the back yard. Right now it's sitting on the side of my house because it wouldn't quite fit through the gate. 

Besides unpacking and finding my floor, Eric has been busy in his workshop. He's loving that bit of a mancave in there and bought man tools to use. Today he hung a bay window curtain rod that he had to rebuild to fit (no rods where big enough), tightened faucets, assembled the other basketball hoop, cut things with his new saw (scary), trimmed 2 loads of branches, re-screened windows, and dremmeled things. At least he likes his workshop! BTW, remind me to never again buy a house with big beautiful bay windows....ever. There are five in my house....five very expensive window treatments in my future. 

Grant has absolutely loved the fact that he has his own room. He loves playing and reading all by himself in there and having his things "just so". 

Jake? Not loving his new room. Really it's just the fact that he is in there all by himself. Wednesday night was the very first time he has ever slept by himself in a room. He has either co-slept with foster mama or slept in a room with Grant. As I put him into bed the other night with tears in his eyes he said, "Just so you know, I'm really, really afraid of the dark!".  I laid down with him for awhile as he stared hard at the ceiling and then said I'd be back in after my bath. Little did I know, Omi also laid down with him so he wouldn't be afraid. Poor guy eventually fell asleep. It will take some getting used to for him~ 

Ally has just done great with this whole mess-- I mean move. Nothing has fazed her. Being eleven years old going on twelve and going through such a huge move and change could be tough. But she has jumped right into sports and making friends. She has helped me so much and is a happy child. So proud of her. 

Hoping to post pics soon. 

Annie  – (August 21, 2011 at 12:21 AM)  

So glad everything made it but I know what you mean about the chaos! I HATE clutter so moving and unpacking is very hard for me! I want it all done in one day!

Hang in there, this will all be a distant memory soon and you will be enjoying your new unpacked house!

donna  – (August 22, 2011 at 10:53 AM)  

OMG, sorry I didn't warn you about the UNPACKING nightmare. You never let them unpack the inside stuff, except the totally necessary and hard to do yourself stuff. I hope you get all sorted out and find everything soon.
loveya

Omi –   – (August 22, 2011 at 12:54 PM)  

Heather your house looks great, I'd never believe you'd just gotten your belongings if I hadn't seen it myself.

Love Omi

Kristi  – (August 23, 2011 at 2:05 PM)  

Poor little Jake and his new room. Praying that he adjusts to it soon!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP