Big Happenings for Our Family!

We have some major changes happening around here. We are moving "from sea to shining sea" literally! As many know, we live on the east coast about an hour away from the Atlantic Ocean. This summer, we will be moving about an hour from the Pacific Ocean! That's quite a stretch!  Honestly, I'm a bit of an east coast gal considering I have never even been past it. 

We will be moving to the Portland, Oregon area. Eric has worked very hard for a promotion recently and has been interviewing for a particular position for several months now. We've been praying that God would allow us clear direction as to where He wants us. After all,  neither Eric nor I want to be out of His Will. All the doors have closed shut TIGHTLY within the east coast area (which would be near family). The door is open wide in Oregon where they unanimously agreed that Eric was the perfect candidate. The employees out there are excited to have him and have been so very welcoming. 

Of course, it will be incredibly difficult to leave our family and our friends behind. So, we have been looking for houses that have room to accomodate guests! I've already shed some tears and well up when I think about it. I'm sure there will be more tears over the next couple of weeks. 

And yet, I am so excited to begin a new adventure and chapter in our lives; I'm excited to see Eric grow within the company he has stuck by since we've been married. And certainly, I'm proud of him. He works hard and plays hard and deserves this opportunity. 

Eric, I love you. Here we go on another adventure in a direction we never saw coming. Funny how that keeps happening to us! 

Marge Gordon  – (June 4, 2011 at 4:40 PM)  

Delaware will miss you, and I'm sorry we never met face to face. I hope you will stay in touch via your blog, I'd miss hearing all about the family!
Marge

Julie  – (June 4, 2011 at 8:24 PM)  

Congratulations and best wishes!!!! How exciting for all of you. You are so brave. Ron wants to move; but, I just cannot bring myself to do it. Congrats on the promotion!!!! :)

Omi –   – (June 4, 2011 at 8:56 PM)  

I have just prayed Eric would get a promotion to an area that would be good to raise a family in. Praise the Lord and pray for strength.

Love you much,
Omi

The Raudenbush Family  – (June 4, 2011 at 11:46 PM)  

WOWWWW! That is very big news. Wow. Wow. I have only seen you on the East Coast in person once--but I feel sad that we won't be able to again. Are your kids excited? What's the exact timeline?

Johanna  – (June 5, 2011 at 12:50 AM)  

Very happy for you, but we will miss you all!!! Isabella will be devastated when I tell her! :(
Thank goodness for blogs and Facebook!:)

sidknee  – (June 6, 2011 at 6:35 PM)  

This is gonna be a great move for all of you. Portland area is great, I have a friend that lives south of there and he loves it.
We will for sure be coming west, get that guest room ready.
Sure will miss you guys..it's hard to think about

Annie  – (June 7, 2011 at 10:43 PM)  

Oh no, Heather!!! We will miss you here on the East Coast! Congrats to Eric though!!! YAY!

Kristi  – (June 7, 2011 at 11:00 PM)  

Oh my! What a big move. Praying that all goes smoothly in the transition time.
I've heard wonderful things about Oregon though. Hmm, maybe I need to plan a little road trip to find out if they are true... ;)

Difference2This1  – (June 8, 2011 at 7:30 PM)  

Sorry to read you are moving when we just recently "connected".

But, I'm jealous. ALL our family are in CO, OR, and WA. My sister lives outside of Medford, OR. We miss the west so much. We had always hoped we'd be able to move back someday. But, Greg's new job should leave us permanently...here.

Prayers for a easy move and fun during your adventure in exploring a new part of the country. Jennifer

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP