Decisions, Decisions!

(Not what I'm really posting about, but......  without going into gross details, my hubby has seen a urologist. He kept putting off getting some of the necessary tests done, but kept having problems.  Last night before bed, I heard him say, "Oh look! There's a kidney stone! I thought I didn't feel great this morning!".  So, I nagged him into getting the blood work done at least today, and I drove his bagged kidney stone to his doctor's office for testing. They were impressed with the size and that it was "stacked".  Yew! Yew! and Yew!) Moving on.......

Grant's school year is almost complete. Just about a week left. Making decisions regarding your children is always difficult, and Eric and I have made decisions regarding school year by year. Allyson has done very well with homeschooling. Her grades have improved; she's a much happier child and has more time to devote to learning Chinese, guitar, and just being a kid.  Our involvement with the homeschool co-op has been terrific for her. So that being said, Allyson is homeschooling again next year.

Jake? Well, he's heading into kindergarten, but I'm not ready to give him up yet. I also think that considering he has only known us a year of his life, another year to be home with family will be a good thing for him. I'm hoping it will aid to solidify the idea of permanency in the family as well.  Homeschooling also allows us to move at his pace and go back to re-explain or re-teach as necessary.

The hardest decision was what was going to be good for Grant. He loves school. However, teaching him at home would allow him to move at his pace (he is a quick learner).  We miss him when Allyson, Jake, and I go here and there, have field trips, etc. and he's not with us. It's a bummer. I also see how close I am with Ally and Jake, and how close they are with each other. I believe it is due to how much time they spend together.  I would like that for all three of my kids. Grant will be attending the Thursday class program with Allyson (different classes, obviously).  I don't have his confirmation letter yet, but if he gets all the classes he wants, he will be able to take a Kung Fu class in the morning. That sold him. 

When I have confirmation on all their classes, I'll have to post. I'm pretty excited about how they will be learning and what they will be learning! 

So, yes! I will be homeschooling all three kiddos. I'm sure some of my friends and family who thought we were on the verge of crazy are calling for the straight jackets now! LOL 

Kristi  – (May 27, 2011 at 3:48 PM)  

Wow! I'm impressed!
I can hardly bear the thought of sending Ky off to school next year, but God has not impressed on my heart that I am to homeschool her just yet. Guess there are still a few months between now and August 25 though...

Julie  – (May 27, 2011 at 8:02 PM)  

Wow- you are going to be one busy momma! :)

Anonymous –   – (May 27, 2011 at 8:37 PM)  

I've been teaching or working at school 33 years. I've told parents, "if you can do it, homeschooling is the best way to go." I remember praying about this for you. Do you remember your answer when I first brought it up? I think no way was it. God never stops amazing me.

I love you, you are just the best mom ever!.

Love Omi

Johanna  – (May 27, 2011 at 9:44 PM)  

So happy for you!!!! It's gonna be great year!!!! Homeschooling builds family bonds more than anything else! Glad I'll get to see you on Thursday's! :)

deana –   – (May 29, 2011 at 8:34 PM)  

YEAH!!! while we don't have the luxuries of co-ops and all that, I love having my kids (ok, most of the time) at home:-)....makes life easier to a degree when hubby is in China and when we are busy at the center. We don't have to figure out who is getting who! Plus, my boys are at THEIR level! my oldes was volunteering one hour a day at a veternarian hospital, we are friends with them. They have now asked him for 2 hours a day!! He would not be able to do that if he was stuck in school!!! so happy for you Heather!
Deana

donna  – (May 31, 2011 at 10:24 AM)  

I'm not normally a big fan of homeschooling, but, that said. I think the way you integrate all of those outside activities really sells it.
Most home school families seem to think this is a great option for insulating their kids from the evil world. Unfortunately it tends to isolate and make the kids little weirdos.
Your kids are so normal, your hard work is paying off in huge dividends, and I think they will all be healthier for it.
Great job, mom, and Eric OWWWWW. What a guy.

Anonymous –   – (June 1, 2011 at 9:34 AM)  

Goodbye Grant, I will miss you next year. They will all do great. I know how well my husband turned out and he was homeschooled for many years.

Jessi K.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP