College or Braces?

I had a consultation with our orthodontist today for Grant. I realize he is young (only 8), but there are some major issues to address in that mouth! We have to correct a bit issue that is grinding down the back teeth to next to nothing and causing the upper right side of his teeth to protrude out. His jaw is actually not set correctly so much so that our doctor re-examined his X-rays looking for an old jaw fracture. He know Grant's history and know that we do not have any real medical information on him prior to our custody. There was no evidence of any fracture, but GOOD GRIEF, I wasn't expecting that. 

I think I heard our bank account dwindling and crying when he said, "In all my 38 years, I've only seen three cases similar to this!".  Well, that's just great. So my baby of 8 years will be getting a full set of braces with lots of bands including a specially made plastic piece covering part of the braces on one side trying to prevent anymore deterioration. He will no longer be able to bite completely down on the right side of his mouth with that piece in. After this treatment of about a year, he will move on to a retainer until his mouth matures some. Then?  

Another set of braces! This kid better work on his calculus skills, chess, skills, soccer skills, and math skills because he's going to need a few scholarships to go to college. His college fund has turned into his orthodontia fund!

Omi –   – (May 24, 2011 at 5:58 AM)  

Too bad a mouth guard wouldn't fix his problem! Teeth ginding seems to run on my side of the family. Guess that's where he gets it from! LOL

Love Omi

Kristi  – (May 24, 2011 at 7:59 AM)  

Yikes! Sending sympathy pains your way...

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP