Jiao Zi!

After our Chinese lesson today, our tutor showed me how to make homemade Chinese dumplings and Chinese pancakes. The kids lost interest (even Allyson my little chef did as our tutor has a little kitten to distract her rather easily).  Our "Lao shi" (teacher)  gave me lots of tips and encouragement while shaping my dumplings! Some of mine were not that pretty as I tried her technique. I had forgotten that we were doing this today so I did not bring my camera! UGH!! I can't believe it!  You'll have to settle with this one:




Everything was really delicious! Have I mentioned how much I appreciate our tutor?  She has become a great friend and I always enjoy our conversations.  She has a lot of insight on many things and I always learn so much from her. 

Julie  – (April 23, 2011 at 8:28 AM)  

I love your eagerness to learn everything there is to know about the Chinese culture. You rock!

sidknee  – (April 25, 2011 at 5:46 AM)  

You really are learning alot. You should take Aunt Debbie with you to 'learn' how to cook. I like dumplings.

Rebecca Eisenhart –   – (April 26, 2011 at 9:06 AM)  

Our college Chinese students taught us how to make dumplings too. More work than it looks! Lots of fun though and delicious!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP