Helpful Hints from Bunny!

While at Bunny's house (no, not the Easter bunny. Our Chinese tutor's English name is Bunny! Gotta love it), she noticed Jake and I both have colds. She sent me home with fresh ginger so I could make ginger tea. Silly me, I thought there was actually tea in it. Nope!

Just ginger:



After cutting, put it into boiling water and then turn down and simmer with dark brown sugar.



This is Jake's usual coffee cup. It's a small espresso cup 'cause, well, he's hyper enough! Today, it was ginger tea.


I tried it today and I'll have to let you know if my cold is gone tomorrow! Either way, Jake and I both enjoyed it.  By the way, did you know when you make the meat mixture for Chinese dumplings, you are only supposed to mix in in one direction? She told me that she didn't know why, but that it was a rule in her house growing up. I'm certainly not one to break tradition!






In other news, the boys had their birthday party with their friends today. My friend made them a Beyblade cake. It turned out so cute! I won't bother to buy another grocery store cake. She did a wonderful job, and it was super yummy! And now, I'm all birthday'd out! NO MORE!!!! PLEASE!!!!!










Julie  – (April 23, 2011 at 9:28 PM)  

I hope you both are feeling better very soon! Please keep us posted whether the tea worked or not. Sydney is sick and I may just have to try it on her if it works for you two!!!! Looks like the party was a hit. Glad you survived the birthday season. :)

sidknee  – (April 25, 2011 at 5:48 AM)  

Geez, you sure have had many birthdays this past month or so. You can plan my birthday if you can remember when it is !

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP