When I needed encouragement.....

I've had a couple of tough days. Long days. Days of being overwhelmed. Days of questioning my ability and commitment to homeschooling and keeping such a busy schedule. It hasn't helped that I haven't had the time to get to the gym which always helps clear my head and my focus. On top of that, I tried on a bathing suit today at Tar*et that certainly didn't make me feel any better about myself.  Not a smart idea, I know! 

God knew I needed some encouragement too! So He certainly supplied it.

I emailed a friend who has been through all of this. She is always so encouraging and full of advice. After all, she homeschooled all five of her children who are grown, happy, and VERY productive members of society. Boy did I need her emails when they came. The emails came full of guidance, links, support, and encouragement. 

Allyson had Thursday homeschooling class today. On the way home, Jake was telling his China story about how he used a sharp knife trying to cut an apple and cut his finger. According to him, he bled and bled but did not die. Thank goodness for that. He is starting to be like a little old man who tells the same stories over and over! Allyson explained how he didn't bleed to death because of the platelets that God put in his body for the very purpose that he would stop bleeding. "The platelets are part of your blood.......yada yada yada".  Score one for homeschooling, learning, and remembering! 

She then proceeded to talk non stop about her bacteria growth in her petri dish! She was super excited to see the nasty bacteria she swabbed off of a school banister, and also so excited to tell me about the growth seen from the water fountain handle. That one had white, pink, black, and other nasty junk in the petri dish. So, score one for homeschooling and being excited about learning! And while we're at it, let's just score one for the makers of Clorox wipes!

Add on top of that, I was able to go to the gym for a workout so I could get stinky and sweaty while thinking about all the germs in the gym Ally could swab and grow in a petri dish. It cleared my head! 

But here's the closer, I came home and started bathing kids and taking off nasty muddy jeans and sweats from soccer practice. I was putting the clothes into the washer when I remembered that I needed to wash the sweatshirt I wore to the gym. As I was putting it into the washing machine, I saw this: 



My love note -- right there in my sweatshirt. Gotta love it! 

Johanna  – (March 25, 2011 at 12:04 AM)  

Wow, we serve a caring, loving and personal God. How precious!!!!!

ucmonikago  – (March 25, 2011 at 5:24 AM)  

How sweet are the love notes from one heart to another. This all goes by too quickly. Homeschooling at least gives you more time together. YOU ARE THE BEST, I OVE YOU! XXXOOO

Love Omi

The Raudenbush Family  – (March 25, 2011 at 8:45 AM)  

Oh my goodness--what a precious thing. I may be tempted to never wash it again and to treasure that note. Guess the stink might make that a bad idea. But, it seriously would have brought me to tears.

I'm wondering if my kids will ever leave me love notes like that--right now, I'm not feeling it. I'm pretty much just the lunch and dinner maker and clothes washer and shopper, etc. etc.

(sigh)

Annie  – (March 25, 2011 at 12:09 PM)  

How precious, Heather!!! Our God is such a great and loving God!!!!

Julie  – (April 3, 2011 at 3:14 PM)  

Oh, my goodness! Very, very sweet. We need those love notes, don't we?!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP