Time with Dad

 Jake was the only kiddo that wanted to take a trip to the tool store with Daddy today. So he got to pick out a project to work on. Jake loves tools and, as I mentioned before, he's very good with them as well.  Let's just say, he has taken many a thing apart with the electric screw driver around here!




As you can see, he meant serious business with this project even wearing his tool belt. 


He was most excited about the staining part. 


And..... ta-dah!!!


The boys got a lot of hanging out with Daddy today. Grant got him all to himself to ride scooters with and play soccer while Jake, Ally, and I were at Chinese lessons.  Then the boys went fishing. Actually, I'm sure Eric didn't much fishing in with both boys! 

Allyson did very well at Chinese lessons. Jake, on the other hand, clearly stated that he did not want to speak Chinese anymore and had to be coaxed to even sit with the tutor.  Yes, I bribed him with a lollipop. I'm thinking he'll just have to get used to it though. Since Jake knows the tones and some of the sounds that we do not have in English, he speaks what he is re-learning very well. Allyson is getting it though and has learned how to put basic sentences together as well as recognize a few words to read. I'm really wishing Grant could also be a part of this too. Hmmm....wonder if I can take him out of school every Friday morning???? 

Anonymous –   – (February 19, 2011 at 7:42 AM)  

We'll have to pray about this one. I could not get Melanie and Eric to speak German for the month we were living with their great grand mom. For the fist two weeks all they heard was German and still nothing. Stubborn, don't give up. Love you, God picked the best parents for my grandchildren!XOXOXO

Love Omi

Anonymous –   – (February 19, 2011 at 7:44 AM)  

By the way, I love this birdhouse but especially the bonding time.

Love Omi

Annie  – (February 19, 2011 at 7:15 PM)  

Heather, I just think it is so great that you all are learning Chinese!!!! I know Jake will appreciate it as he gets older!!!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP