One Smart Kiddo!

Grant woke up early on Friday because it was the big day......CHESS TOURNAMENT DAY! He was anxious, excited, and nervous! However he said he thought he would at least get second place. Self confidence is a good thing, right?   Knowing Grant, he probably just mathematically figured his odds.

He did very well. The principal told me he won one game against an older child in 10 moves within 2 1/2 minutes! It came down to him and a high schooler. Grant must have figured his odds correctly as he came in second place!




I thought it was humorous that one of the 8th graders asked if Grant could stay after school because he wanted to try to beat him. I even heard some of the big kids saying they hoped they didn't have to play him because it's embarrassing to lose to a 2nd grader.

That's my boy! Eric and I both know he is smarter than us; we just don't let him know that!

Julie  – (February 26, 2011 at 9:21 AM)  

Go Grant!!!! That is AWESOME!!!!

The Kings  – (February 26, 2011 at 10:11 AM)  

Way to Go Grant!!

Pretty Impressive!

Anonymous –   – (February 26, 2011 at 11:19 AM)  

I need a bumper sticker that says "My child was beat by Grant in the Chess Tournament."

Way to go Grant.
Jessi K.

sidknee  – (February 26, 2011 at 4:32 PM)  

This boy just amazes me. He is just one smart little man for sure.

Kristi  – (March 1, 2011 at 9:44 PM)  

Wow!!! Now I feel the need to go ahead and get the chess training set so I can teach my kids to play...
congratulations Grant!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP