Gong Xi Fa Cai or Gong Hey Fat Choy

 Tomorrow is officially Chinese New Year. I was hoping to go to one of the bigger cities near us for their parades and activities, but most on being held on Sunday. My big plans were trumped by my husband's plans.  So we've been doing a bit of this and that to celebrate in a small way for Jake. 

We started crafting our Chinese lanterns





Allyson practiced writing some Chinese symbols on hers.


Then we hung them up in our foyer!



Due to the weather last week, I wasn't able to go by the Chinese market. I had intended to pick up red bean paste for moon cakes and any other yummy items! So, instead, Chinese Tea Eggs will have to do. These babies simmered for several hours today. They ought to be yummy in noodles tomorrow that is if Jake can stay away from them that long!



So Gong Xi Fa Cai (Mandarin) and Gong Hey Fat Choy (Cantonese) to you!

Annie  – (February 2, 2011 at 10:49 PM)  

Looks like you all are having fun celebrating!!! I wish I were crafty!!! Sigh!!! LOL

Kristi  – (February 2, 2011 at 11:04 PM)  

Oh the lanterns. I forgot the lanterns! And I still have yet to make the tea eggs. Maybe we'll try those over the weekend. We did make our own jiao zi tonight though. And for our first time, I'll have to say they were pretty tasty...

Anonymous –   – (February 3, 2011 at 8:49 PM)  

I've seen several recipes for these eggs on the internet, but they're so different (some with soy sauce some with sweeter spices). What recipe do you use? I'd love to try them.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP