Date Night

My husband says he's not into Valentine's Day. However, I still do manage to eek out a date night. I think we use the day more for an excuse to have some alone time. Really, we don't need an excuse, but we don't have a regular night set for a date. I wish we did. Sometimes I forget how nice it is to carry on a real conversation with each other. I like hanging out with him! 

Eric arranged for a babysitting swap with friends of ours. We are watching their kids today and they watched ours last night. Actually, Eric gets more of the babysitting fun than I do as Jake and I are off for another adventure at Chinese Sunday School.   Eric's employees had given him a gift certificate at Christmas to a nice place down at the beach so off we went! I enjoyed the 45 minute ride there and back without having to turn around once to reprimand someone. 

We had brochette and oysters. Yes, TWO appetizers. We're wild like that when we have a gift card. Then we both chose the barramundi fish.  I had never eaten it; never tried it. 



It was delicious! We were really enjoying it so we wanted to find out more about it. Since my geekiness has finally rubbed off on him after 14 years of marriage, Eric googled it.  Let's just say I feel differently about my fish. Did you all know that this beauty of a fish who comes from down under actually turns into a male a 3 years old and THEN turns into a female at 5 years old???? How weird is that???  God sure does have a sense of humor!

So to Mr. W.,  Thank you for taking me out for a lovely grown up dinner. I had almost forgotten what that was in the midst of my peanut butter sandwiches and ramen noodles lunches.  Thank you for walking around town with me despite forgetting your coat.  You're a darn good date and it's good to know that I still like dating you!

Anonymous –   – (February 13, 2011 at 8:40 AM)  

Yes Heather, he is one lucky guy to have you to take on a date night. That is one 'funky' fish for sure.
Uncle David

Marge Gordon  – (February 13, 2011 at 9:03 AM)  

I've got news for you, lots of things in nature change sexes. I'm just glad we're not one of them!

Kristi  – (February 13, 2011 at 9:16 PM)  

I'm totally smiling that you two finished your date by googling a fish. :)
In all seriousness though, I'm glad you had a nice date night. Ian and I squeezed one in last night too ~ looking at five houses, dinner at a great local Thai place (that we had a Groupon for), and then to Target to spend our Christmas money to buy a Wii. Not crazy exciting, but time with just Ian was delightful!

Anonymous –   – (February 14, 2011 at 5:54 AM)  

I am totally pleased that he gave up whatever game must have been on for the love of his life.

Love Omi

Julie  – (February 17, 2011 at 4:07 PM)  

So sweet! I am jealous...my hubby was out of state for V-Day! :(

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP