A-B-C and 1-2-3!

 This handsome guy has been trying to learn.....


THESE.....


Since when did kindergarten require serious studying just to keep your head above water once you're IN kindergarten!  Although I realize the Jake still has about 6 months until he starts,  the thought of kindergarten is causing me some anxiety.  It's kind of ridiculous. On the flip side, he at least has a few letters down and maybe one or two number recognitions down. 

The leap frog videos worked very well for Grant and he enjoyed them. However, Jake isn't interested in them yet. I've still been making him watch them here and there.

His preschool is gearing up for next weeks Valentine's party. We filled out his little Valentines and helped him write his name on the cards. However, he is still curious why he is giving these cards away and why in the world is he giving candy away! I've explained it a couple of different ways. I'm sure once his bag is filled with other's valentines cards, he will get the idea rather quickly!

(Thank you all for the lovely comments you posted! I just love comments!)

Anonymous –   – (February 8, 2011 at 8:06 PM)  

Don't worry if Jake isn't interested in reading and letters. Even 100% English speaking boys can be totally uninterested. My first son read early with no trouble; my second didn't get interested or begin "getting it" until the end of first grade. Both cases are normal - as are several other variations on those themes.

You're doing GREAT!

Kristi  – (February 8, 2011 at 10:19 PM)  

Just remember that if they learn too much that they'll be bored in kindergarten. ~ Or at least that's what I'm telling myself... ;)

Anonymous –   – (February 9, 2011 at 5:45 AM)  

Eric knew letter A when he started kindergarten, unlike his sister playing learning games with mom wasn't fun. Run, go, outside play! Sit to "play" learning games? You must be kidding.

Love Omi

Julie  – (February 17, 2011 at 12:39 PM)  

I hear you on this one! I am starting to worry over Emerson starting preschool in the fall. :) Still gotta master the potty first.

Wishing you the best always!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP