Musings of a Doctor's Office Visit

I had a doctor's appointment today with Dr. Rheumy. Okay, so that's not his real name but that's not important. Honestly, I could do an entire post on just doctor's office reading material. You see, you can tell a whole lot about a doc just by perusing the magazines he offers his patients. When I was searching for a decent Rheumy in my 20's, I could tell that the Doc with the Smithsonian and Field and Stream wasn't my guy. Now the Rheumy with Glamour and Better Homes could probably remember what it meant to be in his/her twenties and could better relate to my active lifestyle. In other words, I didn't want to be medically treated as a sixty year old woman (no offense, mom. You know I love you!). I needed to move like a twenty something year old woman despite what my joints said. 

All that is neither here nor there, just a rabbit chasing tangent. I actually was going to share with you all that my doc was running very, very, very late today.  I should have packed a lunch and a dinner to visit him.  Don't get me wrong; he's a great guy who's very meticulous, careful, and spends a great deal of time going through my records, labs, meds, and joints.  Dr. Rheumy was just having one of those crazy days.  I understand.   Since I was so very understanding, I  read the magazines and ran out of interesting articles to read.  I began scanning through some other magazines when I ran across an intriguing article on the history of deodorant.............................................................insert cricket sound here....... ................................... .............................  Now THAT'S some desperate reading.  What is even more desperate is the fact that the article brought to mind what I forgot to put on in my rush out the door! 

And if you're laughing at my expense right now, well, you're welcome!

Kristi  – (January 31, 2011 at 9:01 PM)  

Thanks for a smile at the end of the day!
History of deodorant? Wow.

Anonymous –   – (February 1, 2011 at 4:28 PM)  

I love you Heather, you're the best daughter-in-law.

Love Omi

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP