It Pays To Teach Life Skills

Yesterday, Allyson started our snowy morning off with pancakes. And after playing in the snow, she decided that the kitchen was her domain for the day (i.e. pretending to  manage a restaurant and try to squeeze some money out of her brothers for peanut butter sandwiches). Sure, I'll go with that. I guess that's what good big sisters do. Then she asked if she could cook dinner all by herself. Ummmm......didn't have to think to hard on that one. SURE!

So for dinner, she made oven baked fried chicken,  rice vermicelli from a box, and green beans. It was yummy! And the best part? Well, according to the chore chart,  it was Grant's dinner clean-up night. A while ago, Eric taught him how to clean the pots and pans for me, and I taught him to put the dishes in the dishwasher and clean the countertops by having him work beside me. That time investment surely did pay off! 

I'm not gonna lie. I enjoyed my evening!

Anonymous –   – (January 13, 2011 at 11:34 AM)  

I love the team concept here.
That Ally is becoming the kitchen lady, her fudge at Christmas was fantastic.
Uncle David Loves Fudge

Kristi  – (January 13, 2011 at 10:32 PM)  

Wow! Before you know it she's gonna be grocery shopping for you too...

Annie  – (January 14, 2011 at 9:06 PM)  

Wow! Can they come to my house????? LOL!

Anonymous –   – (January 15, 2011 at 2:00 PM)  

Child labor...yeah, send them on down, I've got some stuff that could use their skills!

xxxoooMom

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP