I'm Not Made for Cold Weather

 Winter has been here since Thanksgiving.  UGH! We've had several bouts of snow, but nothing compared to last year. Some may remember how hard we were hit with THIS and THIS in January of last year!
My husband is in the car rental business and the snow directly affects his paycheck. A little snow with a little black ice makes for fender benders and body shop work....following me?  BUT mounds and mounds of the white stuff makes people stay home. (I'm with them!) Don't get me wrong now. He doesn't want people to be injured or anything, but a fender bump here and there, well, I'm just sayin'! We do have three children who need to go to college someday. 


Allyson and Jake will play in it. But, Grant? Well, he's with me. We hibernate. We do not enjoy being cold and wet and frozen. I'm more of a warm weather girl!


















It's true about the hibernation thing. My neighbors have even mentioned that they don't see me at all during the winter months because I don't come out.  I've been known to watch my kids and husband go sledding from the front seat of the car. Don't judge me. It's just not in me to plant my rear on a cold, wet sled and slide down a hill only to have to trudge my hiney back up with the frigid wind blowing in my face all the while carrying a sled. I'll let Eric take that duty! So there you have it: my confession of the day.

The Kings  – (January 9, 2011 at 8:05 PM)  

I used to feel that way...that was until we moved to an area that has winter from the beginning of October until May. I have to go out in it or I would never get out. :(

Annie  – (January 9, 2011 at 9:57 PM)  

Yeah, I think I am living in the right place!! I used to hate hot weather but as I have gotten older, I have learned to appreciate a little hot. Just can't take the cold anymore and we are in SC! I cannot imagine what how I would stand it further north!!! LOL

Anonymous –   – (January 9, 2011 at 10:32 PM)  

Getting a bit tired of the cold too.
Hey, fender benders are good for the business.
Uncle David

Anonymous –   – (January 10, 2011 at 8:32 PM)  

You learned these truths at your momma's knee!
Xxxooo mom

Kristi  – (January 10, 2011 at 10:44 PM)  

Only reason I sled and such is that I know the snow only lasts a day or two here... Makes it much easier to enjoy myself one or two days a year!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP