Lovely Little Gems

 Allygirl had an orthodontist appointment this week, and we took the opportunity to visit the Chinese market. She picked out some noodles for her and Jake and asked for mooncakes. I'll be the first to admit, these are so much prettier than mine! Of course, I don't have any fancy schmancy molds either. 
Ally really loves these little gems filled with red bean paste. 


Jake enjoys them as well. Actually, I think he just enjoys the sugar filled red bean paste! After all, he does love a good red bean paste Popsicle. The green bean popsicle is still number one though. Grant has no interest in trying them. He doesn't branch out and likes to stick with the things he knows are good.


Allyson enjoyed some of the benefits of homeschooling this week.  Just the two of us went out in the morning to drive around and stop at places for her to try out her photography.  She's been using her digital pocket camera as well as practicing with mine. She's quite the crafty girl ~ cooking, guitar playing, crafting, baking, photography.  I love her 11 year old self despite her preadolescent moodiness. 


She posts some of her pictures on her blog. But I noticed these in her file on the computer and thought I brag a little. I'm her mom......I'm allowed! Not bad for a beginner eleven year old!


Anonymous –   – (December 16, 2010 at 1:22 PM)  

Ally is doing such a wonderful job with the photography. I wish I would have started around her age. She really has an eye for it.
Uncle David

Anonymous –   – (December 16, 2010 at 5:15 PM)  

I love both of them, especially the red door, they are both really great!

Love Omi

Anonymous –   – (December 16, 2010 at 8:42 PM)  

Great shots by Hinklemyer! Who knew we had someone so talented in the family?

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP